Friday 20 March 2015

Using Big Day, Sale-a-Bration stamps, by Stampin' Up to make a Summery Bow Card

Hello!
I'm much earlier at blogging today as I have work tonight but before that I have a few cards I'm dying to make. I also want to shoot a quick video to go with one of the cards I made at class this week, I have a special little tip to make it easy ;-) 
But first, I have the second card (of 5) from this weeks class and I used the adorable Sale-a-Bration stamp set 'Big Day', this set is so versatile for both mens and ladies cards, just change up the colours! I decided to embrace summer here even though the weather disagrees completely. I'm just fed up with dark and grey outside so inside will be bright and sunny in Strawberry Slush and Bermuda Bay! See...
 I stamped the sentiment onto white card and then and heat embossed with Smoky Slate powder.
Colouring in using blender pens and ink pads for this water-coloured look.
 I made a bow using the punch and Strawberry slush card. 
Top Tip: Use the bone folder plenty on the 'ears' of these bows before folding, this is especially important when using card to make them as it breaks down the fibres so they loop well. I also added a Bermuda bay sequin tail under the bow for a bit of bling ;-)
The cake was stamped in matching Strawberry ink on the base card - I *heart* Strawberry Slush and I am so going to miss it when it goes at the end of this annual catty :-(
See here I only adhered the top half of the banner to the Bermuda Bay card strip and then I dotted a few individual sequins underneath using Crystal Effects to stick. 
OK, I'm off to film this video for you and hopefully I can get hubby to edit it tonight, ready for tomorrow, while I'm at work tonight ;-)
Thanks as ever for stopping by today,
Stampin' hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...