Friday 18 September 2015

Shabby Chic-ing a Wooden Stand

Hello,
This evenings post is a bit of a change for me here as I have a little painted stand to share with you. I was in John Lewis before the school summer holidays and I spotted this bare, wooden stand in the kitchen department. The idea was that you oiled it up and used it for food (I think) but as soon as I saw it I thought it would be perfect for displaying my cards during class as it is fairly large and being raised up, everyone would be able to see the makes.
I didn't want to oil it though and I had seen a white distressed cupboard painted in a shop ages ago so I had a go at re-creating that look and ended up with this...
I started by painting it with two coats of this yummy dark grey paint (I used barely any of this tester pot so it was really inexpensive to paint) then I sanded it down and gave it a coat of just normal white emulsion, no fancy paint here!
I sanded again and added a second coat of white then finally gave it a good sand all over till the grey showed through in some places and right down to the wood in others, see here. 
 It's different all over, I love this effect!
 There's even some white worn away on the top.
 I added some of my Pen Holders just for decoration ;-)
There's a TUTORIAL HERE if you want to make these!
Well, that's all from me for today. I hope you have enjoyed this evenings "something different" from me??
I'm off to London tomorrow to Hampton Court for the Handmade Fair. I'm really looking forward to trying a few new things, taking Flo with me and meeting up with my dear friend too! It's gonna be ace!
I'll keep you posted on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter (links below) all day so do hop over to your favourite social media and follow me for all the deets!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin' Hugs from me for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...