Friday 28 January 2011

Sarah's Mojo Card with a tutorial making a Scalloped Edge Rosette.

Hello,
I love it when you make projects using my tutorials but please be sure to link back here and give credit when you make and post to your blog.
Thank-you for your understanding and I hope you enjoy this tutorial xx
**Small warning, long, picture heavy post, grab a drink now**
I was a really busy bee yesterday, I think I may have found some mojo, yay! Nothing like a list of cards that HAVE to be made and deadlines to have them made by to get you going ;-)
So, it is my very dear friend Sarah's birthday today *Happy Birthday Sarah xx* We went to the pub last night to do gifts and cards so she had it a day early, but at least I know I am safe to blog it! lol! I used this weeks Mojo sketch as a starter and went with the colours from this yummy paper, it is called Nursery Suite, and as you will see it is not just for babies, we will also be using this paper in next months class more on that soon, back to what I made for Sarah..

I am so pleased with how this one came out, even if I say so myself! Now, do you like this scalloped fan flower? Great! Because there is a mini tutorial a little further down!!
The main image is from Punch Bunch and the flower on the background of the front and inside below is called Sweet Summer these are both FREE Sale-a-Bration sets, if you need them then please message me for details,
Here is the arty angle and I think you will probably agree this is perhaps a card to send with a gift or hand deliver as it is quite thick, but I do love depth to my cards {in case you didn't notice!}

sentiment is Curly Cute, ribbon is retired and a bit of bling to finish in the way of Basic Rhinestones.
Mini Tutorial Time
First step is to scallop one edge of a sheet of 12x12 paper. Then measure from the top edge of the scallops to 1.5" and cut, I know this shows 2" but I trimmed it off again to be at 1.5" then promptly deleted the photo! doh! but you get the idea??
score at each dip of the scallop as shown, then use strong DST to overlap one scallop at the ends to form a circle, below,
Push flat to make your mini flower/medallion and add a punched image with quick drying and strong glue, Tombow is great for this.


and there you have it, a scalloped topper for your cards.
I hope you liked today's card and the tutorial was hopefully of help to some of you,
Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend whatever you are up to,
Stampin' Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and thanks for the instructions - will have to try it!
    Gem
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE this and thanks for sharing the info!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card SJ, thanks for giving the tutorial. I'll be trying this soon, I like depth as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - I've been meaning to try rosettes for ages so thankyou for reminding me how easy they are Sarah-Jane - or maybe you just make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...