Saturday 12 July 2014

Shabby Chic Scrunched Spiral Flower Die by Stampin' Up!

Hello there,
I'm back today with another Spiral Flower card- but with a totally different look to THIS blog post a couple of days ago! We made this card by die cutting the flowers from card just the same but as you know, if you have been here before, I like to get as many different looks with each product I purchase (like my flip card thinlits), so this is the "Shabby Chic" version of the spiral flower :-) Take a peek...
To make this smaller plain rose we die cut a single piece of Raspberry Ripple card (retired colour now but Rose Red is a good alternative) and spritzed it with a mixture of rubbing alcohol mixed with shimmer paint- you could also use water (sparingly) or plain alcohol too- scrunched it up thoroughly, unravelled it and then rolled as usual while it was still damp. Remember when you roll damp flowers they will not "pop open" like the standard flower does and as you can see this one was rolled quite tightly, I also pressed it a bit flat once it was rolled too.
For this larger flower I die cut a Raspberry Ripple and a Very Vanilla flower,spritzed, scrunched and unrolled as before then layered the  raspberry above the vanilla and rolled but quite a bit looser and again flattening it slightly once rolled. 
If you are interested I can do a little video tutorial with my top tips for the spiral flowers I made? Let me know ;-)
Anyway, this is the finished card again with a few leaves made with the bird punch, a vellum butterfly, sentiment from Million and one (my favourite font remember? We need a birthday version SU!) and plenty of pearls :-))) I hope you like?
Thanks as ever for looking today, I have really enjoyed playing with this die this week.
In other news my long overly contemplated order has also shipped and will be here Monday according to the tracking so I'll have tons of new goodies to play with next week. Excited much??  :-))))
We are off out tomorrow to do some fruit picking at Zack's request and visit with FiL too so I'm going to get off for now, 
Back soon with more!
Stampin' Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of your roses! Please, do a video and maybe I will be able to repeat the process. Mine really do not look like roses when I get them done. I could use any helpful tips to make them look realistic!
    Thanks
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah those are gorgeous and a fab card. Would certainly appreciate tutorial. Just been looking at your cards using flip thinlits great ideas. Am off to play with mine. Thanks. Anne x
    PS Always enjoy your makes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and your roses are gorgeous! I did not realize that they didn't unravel as easily when wet. I need to try that since I have such a hard time making them tight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...