Sunday 7 December 2014

Special Christmas Card using Ornamental Pine by Stampin' Up!

Happy Sunday!
I have the second card from my Special Christmas Cards class last week for you today. I have made cards (at Christmas usually) like this before, where you usually cover the card in Heat and Stick powder then top with Dazzling Diamonds glitter for an all over sparkle which works wonderfully and looks fab. This year I discovered Iridescent Ice embossing powder does the same job with one step less!! Bonus! 
OK, so I knew I wanted to make this style of card and knew it would need a quite solid image like Lovely as a Tree (which I don't actually own, *gasp*) or Ornamental Pine, which I do have ;-) You see what I did there? So I started playing and made this card which I realised after I made it that it was very similar to a lot I have seen around on the web! I went looking again and found Dawn's video HERE, mine is actually a bit different with less inking and more Cherry Cobbler but thanks for the inspiration to everyone who has made this card before me ;-)
 I obviously loved it and this is my own version here...
 We stamped and embossed a couple of extra pine cones to add on with dimensionals for extra texture.
 OK, I know it's kind of blurry picture but it does show the sparkle ;-)
 I adore this Cherry Cobbler Linen ribbon, the bows it ties are just lush! 
Top Tip: If you have trouble getting your top fold card to stay standing up your first move should be to re-enforce your crease line with a bone folder, this usually works. If you still have trouble and have ribbon around the top (like this card) slide the ribbon down a couple of millimetres so it's not sitting right up to the crease line (like this one is here) and it *should* stay up perfectly. 
You probably know this already and I'm slow off the mark (again!) - well it's obvious really when you think about it, (Doh! me) - but my class ladies all appreciated this tip so I thought I'd share it with you anyway ;-)
and a side view of today's card
 Inside we stamped the sentiment from the set and a few more pine cones
and made another matching tag 
 and here they are both together to finish today!
Right, thanks again for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the card and my ramblings ;-)
I have to get ready today for my last class of this year, we're making THIS FRAME :-D and I have designed 9 more squares for inspiration which I will share with you later this week too :-)
Remember: You need to book your place to come along to my classes when they re-start this January including the first one which is FREE!
Please Message me for details :-)
Stampin' Hugs for today,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...