Sunday 20 November 2016

Two Cards using Wonderful Year stamps by Stampin' Up!

Hello there,
Todays pair of cards use the Wonderful Year stamp set and the baby wipe swipe effect (I made this name up btw, it may have a 'proper' name, but I don't know it ;-)). I first saw this on my friend and upline Julies blog who, I believe, was shown it by Jane who is also a Jem :-) A big thanks to both lovely ladies for this fabulous idea and for sharing it, both I and the ladies at class thought it was fab! Here are the two cards I designed to show it off...
 To achieve this look I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it in copper onto shimmery white card. Then dip a baby wipe into an ink pad and swipe it across. Keep adding colour until you're happy with the intensity. Simples!
 Add some banners from the Warmth and Cheer DSP pad to the side. Gold metallic shapes finish this garden green card base with a cherry cobbler swipe.
 Here, I swapped the colours around to use a cherry cobbler base with garden green ink swipe.
 I stapled the twine to the banners before tying in a bow. Finished with metallic shapes in silver for this one.
TIP: Use a matching coloured card layer on the top of the card (14.6cm x 10.3cm) and staple through that before adhering to a card base. This covers the staple so it stays pretty inside!
 And both cards together to finish today.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's cards?
Remember to pop back tomorrow for the first 24 hour flash sale including some of the metallic shapes shown here!!
Back tomorrow with all the news.
Thanks for looking today,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...