Friday 24 February 2012

Happy Birthday Neil!

Hello there,
Yesterday was my lovely hubby's birthday, I was V-E-R-Y behind and hadn't even made his card but luckily (for me) he had to take his car to the garage and so I made this card for him yesterday morning! On the face of it it is a really quick and simple card, however it took me an absolute age to make, mostly because I had a complete mental freeze and couldn't think of any men's style cards to make! I am quite happy with the end result but anyway, here it is for you to judge...
I stamped the Outlined Occasions (Free SAB set) with versamark and heat embossed it with silver powder, once this was melted I coloured the letters in with a Versamark Pen, a great little tool every crafter should own ;-)
I used Not Quite Navy card with Basic Black, and made matching tags with more silver embossing powder tied onto some more of the lush wide striped grosgrain ribbon
the inside was finished with the matching sentiment from Outlined occasions, I love this font!
Well, I am off out today, don't know where yet hubs is surprising me (I hope!)
Thanks for visiting today
Stampin' Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. I never can get embossing right Sarah-Jane - and you've got it just right on this and other lovely cards recently. Mine always buckles the card or goes over. Love those flowers on the little jars too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...