Sunday 11 March 2012

Borderlines and Outlines ;-)

Hello,
I have a card for the next male birthday for you today using the fab Borderlines stamp set. This is a great little set and don't forget it is only available for a limited time too! (Spring mini finishes at the end of April) 
Now, most of us find Men's cards hard to make but I was really happy with how this one turned out
It did take a while but only because it "evolved" and ended up quite different to the original idea I had!
I found it too plain as I had a totally white panel to begin with so the rip was the later addition
I heat embossed the Celebrate word with clear embossing powder by inking the stamp with Versamark and then Cherry Cobbler inks before stamping, this keeps the ink wet enough for the powder to stick and so then you can heat emboss in any colour ink you have! You can see it better here..
to get the graduated colours I coloured in using the blender pens and Navy ink pad, then I repeated this but only coloured the top section the second time round, I like this look :-)
and inside I added the second part of the Outlined Occasions sentiments with some more borderlines in the corner, spot my not so deliberate mistake??
Right, that's it for today, don't forget Sale-a-Bration ends on the 31st of March so if you would like to place an order to get your FREE stamps or papers then please message me for a chat :-)
Please remember also that NOW is the BEST time to join SU! too as in addition to the fantastic value starter kit you will also get to choose a FREE stamp set (worth any amount) from any of the current catalogues, again message me to chat about your options :-)
Stampin' Hugs for today

5 comments:

  1. Such a GREAT card SJ love the tearing of the paper, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the border stamps and your sentiment looks wonderful! I don't think I would have caught your 'mistake' if you hadn't pointed it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card SJ. I have this borderlines set but haven't used it yet. THanks for the inspiration. Am thinking I may use this for my dad's birthday card!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great male card, with slightly softer colours it would be a great girlie card too.
    Big hugs .. Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...