Monday 15 July 2013

Apothecary Art with Gingham Garden DSP by Stampin' Up!

Hello there,
Well, my weekend didn't exactly go as I planned Saturday morning. When I left you I was planning a nice trip to the beach with the fam. but unfortunately my Mum fell over a log in the forest and ended up with a rather large chunk of it stuck in her shin! Many hours at A&E later she was back at our house with strict instructions to keep the leg elevated. She is fine now though thankfully.
Sooo, today I have a card and gift combo to share with you. Last weekend was a lot less stressful as we visited Julie for her 40th birthday celebration in Yorkshire. We had a lovely weekend away, the first as just a couple for 17 years! 
This is the card I made for the birthday girl...
I am loving this DSP from the new catty, it's called Gingham Garden and it's just lovely! I have used nearly a whole pack already!
 I added layers of flowers using the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack to the Apothecary Art image,
 Midnight Muse stitched ribbon bow
 and a touch of decoration inside to finish the card
 I also managed to pick up this very deep frame which I personalised with the same paper  and (quite a few) 3d flowers
these flowers were made using the Secret Garden Dies following THIS TUTORIAL. The only difference was I used the largest die also as the depth of the frame would allow for the larger flower size
 to make the sparkly letters I coated die cut letters in Crystal Effects then while it was still wet I added just a light sprinkle of Dazzling Diamonds, only removing the excess from around the name once it was completely dry.
 these scrunched flowers were made in the same way just using the Boho Blossoms punch, notice the little clay flower there too?
and a Stitched Grosgrain ribbon flower. Guess what? I have a TUTORIAL for that too ;-)
 and here they are both together to finish.
Right, bit of a long post in the end today but hopefully you have managed to stick with it!
Thanks as always for stopping by, I now have a date with an ironing board :-(
Stampin' Hugs from me for today,
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Sarah-Jane - I am sure Julie was pleased them! A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and the frame is gorgeous!! Love all of those amazing flowers!

    Hope your mother is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I really like your card! Normally, I am not so keen using so colourful paper, but the flowers are really nice! I would never have thought that that is a picture frame, I thought! It was a small tray.
    I am sure your friend loved the set.
    Greetings from Scotland,
    Nessie

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...