Tuesday 10 February 2009

Josh's Birthday Card

Hi all,

Thanks for stopping by today, two posts in one day ! that's amazing eh ?! Here is the card I have made for my son Josh's 12th Birthday in a couple of weeks. I have loosely followed the sketch on the Sketch Saturday blog and when I was looking around the lovely Jeannettes blog I saw that she is a guest designer on the Cupcakes craft challenge blog (well done you!) and this card fits their challenge this week which is to make a scene.

I have made this with SU! Basic black cardstock and some red card from stash, all distressed around the edges. The image was created with a comic making kit Josh had last year for his birthday, but I then scanned it on my printer so I could watercolour it with my felt tip pens, I am quite pleased with how it turned out in the end... Few buttons fron stash and a knot of ribbon added with glossy accents.

Let me know what you think and please, don't forget to enter my candy giveaway,

Sarah-Jane xx

Edit to say, WOOO HOOO !!!! My card was chosen at random to win the prize on Cupcakes craft challenge blog. Thank-you CCC, I'm so excited, my first win from a blog !!

6 comments:

  1. Sarah-Jane, that's brilliant, I love it. You've given me an idea for my OH's son, he would love something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent card for a 12 year old - spot on! lol Luv it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh fab card, DTM, brill card for a 12 year old luv it. sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! thanks for joining us this week at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah-Jane, Congrats on winning the sponsored prize for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, well done you for winning the prize on CCC. You clever thing you! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...