Saturday 28 May 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenges, Week 8, "Floral Frenzy"

Good Morning to you,
And welcome to Week 8 of Simply Stampin' Challenges! I hope you will join us for this weeks challenge, a nice easy one as it is called "Floral Frenzy" So many options with this challenge and we would love to see your take on it. If you have no idea what I am on about then hop over to the challenge blog for more info and to see what the rest of the DT have made to inspire you this week :-D 
Now, the first stamp set that came to mind for me was the cute little set "A Flower For All Seasons" and if you have come from the Simply Stampin' blog you will have seen I decided to make a set of 4 cards each using a different stamp from the set.
I die cut, embossed and spritzed with shimmer paint a flower from the  Fun Flowers die to back each coloured and punched image,
If you haven't noticed this set in the catty, it is on page 53 of the main IB&C and at just £12.95 I think it is a little gem! and just perfect for colouring therapy ;-)

I teamed the spring image with daffodil delight card and ribbon with a so saffron button,



Summer is Melon Mambo card with Pretty in Pink ribbon and button, 













Autumn is Pumpkin Pie card and Old Olive ribbon with a Cajun Craze button,
And Cherry Cobbler with Basic Black for winter. Sentiment punched using the Modern Label XL punch.
I coloured all the images using ink pads and blender pens. The pens are great for the water coloured look but much more precise for smaller images. The sentiment is from Hello, You tucked away on page 86.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's project and if you want to see it in person then pop along to Lyndhurst Community Centre on Monday this week, and say Hi too!
Thanks for stopping by today, Stampin' Hugs, 

4 comments:

  1. As always Sarah-Jane I am loving your work, you always go the extra mile on your cards, like the polka dots on the background flowers and the shimmer paint spritz!
    I love this set too, it's perfect for 'just because' cards.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of cards SJ. I couldn't pick a favourite they are all fab. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. what a great idea to use the flower as a matt....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards - maybe you could make a matching holder for them?!
    Bx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...