Monday 23 May 2011

3d Flower Card, Mounting it onto your card


Good Morning,
I hope you enjoyed yesterdays tutorial (you can see it HERE) and if you stuck with it right 'till the end then well done! If you have no idea what I am talking about, then please look in my side bar for a link.
If you do make one of these flowers then please send me the link, I would love to see :-D
And if I met you in Lyndhurst at the craft fair yesterday, then Welcome :-)
So, I promised you a way of mounting the flower onto your card, it is quite deep so I think it will be a jiffy bag job to send or better still, wrap your card in cellophane, tie it with a pretty ribbon and hand deliver to your friend.
I recommend mounting your flower through a mat on the front of your card, that way it isn't a little point trying to stick to the front of a card and possibly ripping off! eek!
So first you punch a 3/4" hole into your mat,


Next add your ribbon "leaves" I stuck mine with DST, attach the mat to your card with dimensionals then add a line of glue (tombow) around the circle and in the middle as shown,


Stick your flower holding the lower layer of petals to the mat to stick, (this is where tombow is great as it sticks quickly and firmly)

TOP TIP: Now I am sure most of you know/already do this but I will mention it anyway, just in case.
I decided that I wanted to spritz just my flower with shimmer spray, but I didn't want it all over the rest of the card. So I put post it notes all around tucked under the edges, spritzed and then removed them... quickly ;-)

And this is the finished card :-D
Sentiment is Curly Cute with Seam Binding ribbon leaves and Elegant Soiree DSP.

And a close up picture of the flower,
Well, I hope this has been of some help to somebody and I look forward to seeing your creations,
Stampin' Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, This card is very pretty, beautiful and creative,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Sarah Jane! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is beautiful and your tutorials are so clear, thanks so much for taking the time to write them out, your a little star!
    Hugs ... Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow missus! What a gorgeous card. Totally love the flower. Hope all is well with you. L xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips and tutorial, thanks for sharing. Love your finished card - very elegant. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I am off to see how you made that gorgeous flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job on the layout, design, tutorial and the finished product shows! Very impressive. I hope mine turns out half as lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...