Wednesday 1 April 2015

Using Stampin' Up's Balloon Bash for Zoe's 14th Birthday

Hi there,
I'm back today later than planned but much earlier than yesterday with a card for you :-) 
I made this card for my daughters 14th birthday last week using the emboss resist technique and a watercolour wash , all done in a Coastal Cabana with a touch of Bermuda Bay colour way, see...
I broke out my new (to me) stamp set Balloon Bash and heat embossed this with white powder onto watercolour paper.
I tried this idea first using ice embossing powder and it was pretty but I felt the sentiment just didn't have enough 'pop' for me. Perhaps if I had used a darker wash? But anyway, I just thought I would share my experience/opinion with y'all ;-)
I tied on some Bermuda bay sequins, coastal cabana SaB (finished now, sorry) ribbon and thick twine to hang down the side.
BTW **Keep checking for a little video with this included, coming soon ;-)
After embossing I covered the image with water then added the Cabana ink wash with a waterbrush then dropped a few extra bits of Bermuda Bay in to give it a bit of depth.
I mounted the centre panel on foam pads and a few extra sequins to finish
and a bit of decoration inside
Well, Zoe liked her card and I hope you do too.
Please, let me know!
Thanks as ever for stopping by today
Stampin' Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...