Wednesday 8 December 2010

Decembers Packaging Class

Hello,
Just call me Nurse S.J.! I have been here looking after two sick children this last few days, first off Zoe started on Friday with a temperature and feeling ill then by Sunday Zack had it too. Zoe has finally gone back to school this morning with just a tickly cough but as it is her Christingle service today and also the school disco tonight so she was desperate to go back *smile*
I did manage to do the packaging class on Monday, unfortunately it was very reduced in numbers due to lots of illnesses, it seems it is everywhere at the moment, but we did have a lovely time with festering music and warm mince pies to lift our spirits!
We made this little gift card holder which Jules shared with us at convention, I also made a very similar one HERE for a friends birthday, I have prettied this one up a little ;-)

Card is Baja Breeze, lovely white organza ribbon (p 96) and the main image is from the set Gifted which was used on all the projects in this months class and is also in the current SU! promotion, I inked it using the markers, share starting soon, the little images are from the set Every Little Bit which I have used loads.

I used the eyelet border punch on the front and inside flaps, the 'to' and 'from' is from Winters Post, and Word Window and Tab Punch were used to do the slots for the gift card to sit in,
and here is the arty angle, the oval in the middle of this image fits the XL Oval Punch perfectly so we punched and layered it. We also sprayed everything we made with shimmer spray (shimmer paint mixed with alcohol) as it is Christmas you gotta have plenty of sparkle!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We also made mini milk cartons (filled with Celebrations, yum) I was inspired by a swap from Jo D at convention, {hers is a cute birdhouse}, I just adapted the Milk Carton Tutorial I made to fit A5 card instead of A4, change measurements to score at 5, 10, 15 and 20cm then flip to score at 3, 10 and 13.5cm, these worked for me, the only other change I made to the original design was to clip the top before you seal the bottom of your carton so you can get your fingers in to push out the corners (iykwim?) so your folds are crisp as where it is small it is not so easy to manipulate,
back to this carton, same 2 sets used as before and also the scallop trim border punch to decorate the bottom edge in Cherry Cobbler card, doesn't ti work well with either modern or traditional colour schemes, great colour ;-) finished with clips and some 3mm taffeta ribbon.


and finally a view of the layers on the front of the greeting, this stamp would be perfect for making all your tags too...hmmm, another thing to add to my list...
Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to come back tomorrow for the other projects from this class,
Stampin' hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning SJ

    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That;'s odd thought I commented!

    Fabulous projects, the colours look stunning as do the little stamped images

    wish your children better, poor things and poor mummy lol

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...