Tuesday 27 August 2013

Doctor Punch Art with a Tutorial ;-)

Hello there,
I was asked by my DH to make a card for a guy at his work who was leaving to finish his medical training.
I was a bit stumped at first as it's quite a unique theme but finally decided on punch art to come up with this....
I used a colour combo of Smoky Slate with Basic Black and Island Indigo for the 'scrubs'
 the face and hands are Pink Pirouette with Silver card for the stethoscope 
 and as lots of people wanted to sign and wish him luck I added inserts and decorations to both of the inside areas, I love how the small tickets make perfect "surgical masks"
 I printed he sentiment onto Vellum card and added a red cross flag to decorate
 So, these are the punches you need to make this doc...
Word Window, 1+3/8" circle, Modern Label, XL oval, 1/4" and 3/4" circles, ticket punch and the small oval.
 and here are the parts, pretty self explanatory I think but if you have any questions, please do ask.
There are a few more details further down, please scroll down to see. 
I inked all the edges before assembly in matching colours
 the stethoscope was made with the small oval and the 3/4" circle punch adding 1/4" circles to the ends
 and the hands are the ends of the modern label punched with the 3/4" circle again
 
 to make the feet use the modern label again, cut in half, trim a third at the top away and a bit from the back
 flip over the two scallop section left so the longer piece is at the bottom and add laces ;-)
and the finished card again :-))))
I hope you enjoyed today's card and if you make your own doctor then please remember to share it with me, I love to see your creations!
Stampin' Hugs from me for today,
Email: sarah-janerae@sky.com
or Call: 07974 946 651
For all new class details please follow
including my 
NEW ALL DAY KICK START CHRISTMAS CLASS 
coming at the end of September... 
Places are filling fast, message me asap to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...