Saturday 7 March 2009

Oh Brother !!

Hi ladies (and men if there are any out there reading this !)
Another really quick post today to show you a card which was a request for a friends little girl to give to her little bro ! they wanted brother in large letters, the age (2) and Thomas on it. This is what I came up with and in about 1/2 hr too, which is amazing for me as I normally uhm, and ahh for yonks before deciding which way to go ...

Ingredients for this one were : Thomas sticker (stuck onto acetate then cut out then adhered with foam pads to give dimension), Green card, blue core'dinations and buttons from stash, Swiss dot cuttlebug folder, DCWV Paper, SU! Linen thread, large SU! scallop punch, 1", 1+1/4" and 1/2" SU! punches, Certainly celery SU! ribbon, Circle of friendship greetings stamp and Happy birthday stamp from the Occaisional Greetings Set (both SU!) for the inside, not that it shows up very well I'm afraid and I've given it to her so can't re-take sorry :(

I also used the scallop circle punch to take a bite out of the inside panel to let the Thomas pop out !!
Please let me know what you think,
Have a great rest of the weekend and I'll be back Monday to show you what we made for my 1st (practice) worshop.
Hugs,
Sarah-Jane xx

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Sarah-Jane and a just perfect for a Thomas fan :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card Sarah-jane.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! My grandson would love this card - he's Thomas mad lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sarah-Jane. It's nice when you're asked to create something a little different, it gets your brain working!! In answer to your question, my friend will be about 40 mins away :o( BUT we will definately be getting together regularly. Our girls play together and we have such fun crafting together, so we will just have to make more effort! I'm working on a 'we're moving' card with the 'family' set I got from you, which you will see soon, so stop nagging lol ;o) Na, do nag really, it does me good!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps - what is your jem's challenge??

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...