Saturday 9 April 2011

Week 2 at Simply Stampin'

Happy Saturday to you all!
Well, what a great response to our new challenge blog, Simply Stampin'! A massive thank you if you managed to join in with the sketch last week. So onto this weeks challenge which is a colour challenge using Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgundy and Very Vanilla. 
Now I have to admit this challenge was well outside of my comfort zone. I rarely, if ever, use Bravo Burgundy, but ended up really happy with the card I made ;-) I used my lovely NEW stamp set from the mini called Little Additions, and yes it is baby orientated but as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make it into a New Home card with all the living room elements...
So to make the chair and side table in a pattern (the stamp is solid) I heat embossed onto DSP with versamark and clear embossing powder and then inked over them to make them "pop" from the paper
I added a sentiment to the end of the Top Note Die cut shape but onto Vellum Card stock which I tied with Linen Thread
I love the little picture frames from the same set. I inked these with my Marker Pens,  missing the picture that said "so cute" so as to make it less baby and instead added the coffee cup from Itty Bitty Bits
And I also added a little bit of detail to the inside,
Well, that's this weeks challenge, I do hope you can join in with us this week too, don't forget to visit the other DT's blogs for loads more inspiration!
Thanks for looking and I hope you have a lovely weekend with lots more of that lovely sun around :-D
Stampin' Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Jane I now NEED this stamp set!! I could have bought it with my SAB rewards and didn't as I couldn't see past the baby theme!
    I love what you have made here....x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...