Wednesday 24 June 2015

Video Tutorial: Tiny Treat Box Mini Pop Up Card using Butterfly Basics by Stampin' Up!

Hello!
I'm here today with a little, fun card in a box. This is quite different from the others I have made recently and you find a lot of online as this one really does "Pop up"! I follow Dawn Bourgette, a demo from the US on Instagram and just loved this idea, you can see Dawn's card HERE. Thanks for the inspiration Dawn! Obviously I really wanted to make this card but unfortunately there were no measurements on Dawn's post and as I made it I figured out a few more tips and tricks so I thought I would make a video and share these with you!
 I decided to use the Butterfly Basics Stamp set for my design...
I made the Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe one in the Video but we made the Cantaloupe* and Pistachio* at class. Here they are closed, wrapped in washi tape (see Washi on page 157 of the Annual Catty) to decorate these boxes. 
* now retired colours
 The lids are decorated with Work Of Art Stamps for the sentiment teamed with the Butterfly Basics. 
**In a total coincidence Work Of Art is on Offer for this week only- Just £15 (in clear mount) 'till the 30th June '15**
 As you open the boxes the Jack in the box card starts to pop up, just pull the thick twine...
 To see your message!
 I love the Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron version
 Please feel free to pin this picture so you can easily find this tutorial again :-)
OK, lets take a look at the video!
The measurements for the inner piece as promised on the video, 
*Please note I have not made this card in inches- just converted the measurements!
Cut white card to 4.7cm wide or 1+7/8" x full length of card.
Score at 4.5cm or 1+3/4"
Stamp Now!
Then score at 9cm, 13.5cm, 18cm, 22.5cm and 27cm or
3.5", 5+3/8", 7+1/8", 8+7/82, 10+5/8"
These measurements make a lot more sense when you watch the video and there are also a few measurements that matter when stamping in there too!
 And finally one more set of pictures to finish today :-)
Well, this post has been something of a labour of love so I really hope you have enjoyed this card in a box post! and be sure to give it a whirl. If you do please link back here so I can see and remember to share where you saw this tutorial too!
Thanks so much for stopping by today :-)
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah-Jane, oh I really like this, what a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial, they look easy enough to make, as long as I have your video to hand when I make them. I will definitely have to get some little boxes so I can give this a go. Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Sarah Jane... Fabulous project... Can't wait to watch the video and make one too... And thank you SO much for sharing the written details as well as the video...love things that way! Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah-Jane for sharing your wonderful creativity and this creative idea in particular. The conversions to inches is really appreciated too! Your numbers worked well with just a slight adjustment or two. I had a great time using your basic idea for our Watercooler Challenge and added an Iris Twist element to it. I've linked back to your post so others can see your wonderful and original creation. Thanks again and many hugs! I love following your blog and pinning your wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing.
    http://jlfstudio.wordpress.com in case you want to see my CASE and linkback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed this video! and I love your card, great colours too! That iris twist heart on the top of your box is gorgeous.
      Thanks for commenting and linking back also :-)
      Hugus xxx

      Delete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...