Thursday 9 July 2015

Easy (Cheats) Inlaid Die Cutting with Stampin' Up's Greetings Thinlits- Tutorial Included :-)

Hello there,
So, did you love my Butterfly Thinlits Inlaid Die Cutting video last Saturday? It was one of my favourite cards I have made recently but I do realise that it was quite a complicated, drawn out process. Obviously we haven't always got time to do that on every card so how about I share with you a cheats version of that card?? You can make this card really quickly and easily, so easy in fact I added it to my Stamp-a-Stack class this week (10 cards -5 different- in 3 hours). Lets take a look...
Here's how to get this inlaid die cut look with less effort :
Simply add three strips of Pretty Petals DSP, each measuring 1.5cm wide, down the side of a Whisper White card layer 9.5cm x 13.8cm using tombow glue (use glue rather than tape for this as it needs to be adhered all along the strip) and trim away the ends. 
Then die cut your chosen Greetings Thinlit from the white card and DSP layer. 
Next die cut the word again in Watermelon Wonder card. 
Add the white card to a black card layer (10cm x 14.3cm) ensuring you add plenty of adhesive around the edges where the greeting is cut away- again, tombow is perfect. 
Now add tiny dots of tombow to the back of your word and insert it into the gap in the white card.
Add these layers to a Watermelon card blank (A5 or 10.5cm x 29.6cm, scored at 14.8cm) and finish with a coat of Crystal Effects on the word. 
For tips and trick please also watch the full Inlaid Die Cutting Video :-)
I do love me a bit of Crystal Effects! It really makes this greeting really pop!
 And one more picture to finish today! 
One last thing to note - as I type right now - the Magnetic Platform is reduced to just £25.20 from £36.00 on the weekly deals but they are now "while stocks last" so if you have been coveting one of these please order yours asap!! They are not essential for this technique but they sure do make it easier! I love mine and use it all the time!
 OK, I hope you have enjoyed today's card and if you have a go at this cheats version or even the full inlaid die cutting technique please do share it with me!
Thanks for stopping by today,
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah-Jane, I have commented a few times over the last week or so, but the comments haven't shown up, so I hope this one does!?! I like this 'cheats' version of Inlaid Die Cutting, but even I found the original way easy (after following your tutorial) and my card was lovely! I also had a go at the Tiny Treat Box Mini Pop Up Card (I had to make a box, as I didn't have the SU one) but it turned out ok! Thanks for all your hints, tips and tutorials - inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I have seen and published your lovely comments, thank-you! I moderate so I don't get spam and also so I don't miss any f the sweet things people post or ask me.
      Thanks again for stopping by and taking the time to comment, I'm so happy you enjoyed my tutorials.
      Hugs xxx

      Delete
    2. Oh, so glad you received my comments, when they didn't show up I thought I must have done something wrong (a habit of mine!), just wanted to know how much I love your tutorials and that you are appreciated! :) x

      Delete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...