Saturday 7 April 2012

Stampin' Up Boxelope Tutorial

Hello,
**EDIT TO SAY I HAVE NOW MADE A VIDEO TUTORIAL - WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE - USING THE DIAGONAL PLATE AND ENVELOPE PUNCH BOARD MAKING THIS BOXELOPE EVEN EASIER TO MAKE**
As promised I have an update to my Boxelope tutorial I made a while ago. In this tutorial I will share how you can make a Boxelope for a 6"x6" square card, to any depth, from just one sheet of 12"x12" card.
All you need is a bone folder/scoring tool, pencil, ruler and adhesive.
**Mark all lines lightly so they are easy to erase at the end**
Start by measuring and marking at 6" along each side
 draw a line (faintly) in at these points to approx 4" into the centre
 place your card on the 12x12 piece lining the corners to the lines
 mark where the corners are
 and join these together
 measure the depth of your card and mark behind where your card sits
 mark this depth all around the original lines
 and join these up too, now score along each line
cut out the corners leaving a square in each one, just cutting to make a tab as shown 
 this is what you should have now, erase all pencil lines now
 glue the tabs, one at a time and fold up to make the box base
your card should now sit in it like so 
 and secure as desired, I tied this on the flat side using satin ribbon...
 but this one was secured with Velcro Dots on the tabbed side and topped with a little flower :-)
Well, that's it from me today. I hope this is a help to you  sending your special, thicker cards :-)
Stampin' Hugs from me today,

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, thanks for sharing.
    Big hugs ... Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual- a most useful tutorial - thank you SJ for taking the time to do this

    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is especially helpful thanks so much ,especially so when I need to send cards with quilling or punched flowers on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...