Sunday 1 April 2012

A Special Card with a Broadsheet Alphabet and How to Punch An Image Larger Than Your Punch Tutorial

Hello there,
I am here today with a special card for a special friend, Jules. She is my SU! Upline but has become so much more than that, she is a real friend to me. Anyway, Jules made Gold 1 in promotions last week and so I had to make her a card to show her how I was thinking of her and how proud I was too!
Of course it needed Gold in there somewhere and what better colour to go with Gold but Calypso Coral! The perfect colour combo.
 Ribbon rose with Blossom Party die and a pearl
a lovely Butterfly embosslit with pearl body
 and a little decoration inside too :-)
 Now, Jules called me yesterday to ask how I made the "G" and "R" overhang the postage stamp punch so I made a super quick tutorial on how it's done for you all! This method would of course work with any stamp and punch combo where the image is slightly larger than the punch ;-)
Begin by stamping your letter (lower down the card would have been better, but we can work around this ;-) Also punch another postage stamp out too from scrap card.
 position the extra punched square over the top of the letter, I had the letter slightly to the left so the loop at the bottom fitted in the square's edges, and mark lightly with a pencil
 trim around the bottom of the letter, up to the lines you just marked, I also cut off some of the bottom pieces where I stamped too high at this point
 use your scissors to feed the extra part of the image that will be outside the punched area
 like so, and then just punch
 rub out your pencil lines and tidy up your cutting if needed
OK, that's me for today, I hope you like the card and that my mini tutorial has been a help, any questions, please email me :-)
Stampin' Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. A fantastic card and a really lovely tutorial - fab! ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SJ Brilliant idea - lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That punch trick is Genius! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SJ what a fabulous card and a fabby tutorial to go with it, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the tip on using the postage stamp punch with overhanging images! Gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what an ingenious idea! Thanks so much for sharing this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what an ingenious idea! Thanks so much for sharing this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how inventive, thanks Sarah Jane you are so generous with your tutorials! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow how inventive. Thanks for sharing, you are so generous with your tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, such a clever idea, thanks for the tutorial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh CLEVER! An excellent technique! Love how the word fits on the card - I'm already trying to think of other special 9 letter words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah jane this is so pretty what a lovely card ,I love it . Fabulous design and the colours are beautiful.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely brilliant idea - thank you!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...