Tuesday 13 May 2014

Simply Sketched Sympathy Card

Hello there,
I hope you had a fab weekend? I have had classes the last couple of days, such a laugh! and great company, thanks ladies ;-)
I'm back on the blog today with a card I was asked to make in class last month, a Sympathy card. Now, I know nobody really wants to have to make this kind of card but unfortunately we all need them from time to time and when we do need one we don't want to make them, so it's always good to have these in your stash. This is what I made using the hostess only stamp set Simply Sketched.
This is a super quick make and I used Crumb cake base and stamped section (colours are not showing the best on here I'm afraid) with a Basic Grey border...
 I stamped the pretty poppy image with Staz on and then over stamped with the mid-sized splatter from the ever useful Gorgeous Grunge in Wisteria Wonder adding a few dabs of Dazzling Details in silver to accent the flower- using this also allows it to be popped in the post with just a standard letter stamp- always handy.
 Now, I liked the effect of this card and so I had a little play and made a couple more using Island Indigo and Perfect Plum to colour the flower heads, not sure which colour I like the best? 
I do think it would also be a nice card for other occasions, obviously just swap out the sentiment.
OK, that's me done for today, how about a special Golden Wedding card tomorrow? OK ;-)
Thanks for looking today,
Just before you go please don't forget the new 
STAMPERS CLUB (starting now, join today!)
and
 and 
Stampin' hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...