Sunday 12 April 2009

Cross Over Card Tutorial


Hi Folks,
As a couple of people did request this tutorial, I have made one for you but I think it may be a bit long winded !!! Sorry!!! This is my first tutorial so please be gentle with me !!! Lots of piccies as I'm not very good at explaining when writing.

Equipment needed:
2x Square card blanks
Tombow Glue (or other wet glue)
1x Sheet of 12x12 DSP
SU! Tab punch
Ribbon
Thin and very sticky double sided tape
Decoration
I will let you know which materials I have used as the post goes on.
First of all you need your two cards (mine were from Craftworks Cards and are approx 14.8 cm square (just over 5,3/4 ") facing each other so one opens the wrong way.
Next you need to cut the wrong way round card down the back to leave a lip approx. the width of your DS Tape, DO NOT THROW THIS AWAY as it is your page for the inside! You then cut off half the front of both cards diagonally, as shown, and add your tape,
Using the Designer Paper, you will need to cut:
1x 14cm square for the front which you cut in half diagonally ,
1x 4.5cm x 12" (full length of the paper) strip,
1x approx 14x13cm for layering inside,
1x square of scrap white card (for joining the band),
1x 12x12.5 cm of white card for writing inside and
1x tab of blue card for the top.
I used Washington Apple DSP by SU! and as it is double sided I could have a different pattern on the inside and round the band, to that which is on the front.
Don't forget these measurements are for this size of card blank, please adjust accordingly !

Next I ink all the edges before I stick the paper down, TIP I use a cheap make-up sponge to ink my edges as it is small enough to handle and gives just the right amount of control ! See pic below for inked and non-inked. Remember Less is more when putting ink onto your sponge!

The next step is to glue all the pieces of paper onto your card blank and inside page, whilst the glue dries it's time to make the band. First of all you need to add ribbon to the paper, I use tape for this which I stick over the edges of the paper so I get it straight, as shown, then I stick the ribbon onto the tape again using the grid to apply in a straight line. TIP I use a barely wet brush of clear nail varnish on the ends of all my ribbon to prevent fraying.
I then glue 1/2 the scrap piece of paper to one end of the band and pull tightly around card, then you carefully slide it off and hold until the glue dries with paperclips,
Now the fun part! Whilst the glue is drying I get my decoration ready !
I used Oval all stamps, the Thank-You one for the border and the Best Wishes one for the sentiment on the top, Punched using the oval and scalloped oval SU! punches then it's layered and ready to go onto the band.
On the inside I used the flowers from One of a Kind stamp set inked in Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie, to match my papers, Punched with the co-ordinating Boho Blossoms punch,
Phew, Sorry it's such a long post but I think I have covered most things !!! Let me know what you think and remember this is how I make this card not necessarily the right or easiest way !! Although I think it is quite easy like this !!
Thanks for sticking in there and I will be back tomorrow with another crossover card I made for some-body the other day,
Happy Easter
Sarah-Jane xx

5 comments:

  1. wowww Sarah-Jane,what a beautiful card,l love the colour.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honey, Well done you, aren't Tutorials hard to do, especially as you have to explain things that you just normal do. Its great I'm going to have a play at doing this one today I love it, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and a brilliant tutorial hun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sarah-Jane, thanks for the tutorial, will have to make one of these.
    How's it going with the classes?
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Sarah-Jane, thanks for the tutorial, I will definitely be having a go at this one. Great tip about the ribbon ends. Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...