Friday 17 April 2009

Wedding card

Afternoon all,
Had to go into town this morning to get shoes for Josh, OMG it was manic !! What do us Brits all do when it's the holidays and it rains? Yes! That's right, Shop!
Anyway I managed to get in and out without spending too much (no craft shops in the town centre that's why! lol!)
Right, here is a wedding card I made yesterday, it is one of two I needed from the same family, this one is for the daughter to give and I'll put the other one on tomorrow, I have seen lots of these around on blogs at the mo including Jo's and Irina's lovely designs. The measurements for this one are: 3.5"x9" piece of card to start, score at 2" and 5.5" , scallop the top edge and then, whilst folded, I trimmed from the top of the card where it folds over to 1" in at the bottom, in a diagonal cut, to make the sides slope , don't cut the top section though. I hope this makes sense, but if you have any questions then please email me or check out SCS for more detailed instructions. Here is the outside...
and here is the inside section, Most things used to make this card are from the SU! Love stories scrap booking kit, not just for scrap booking you know! except the ribbon which is certainly celery 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. The little adhesive pearls, glossy accents and glitter on the hearts are all from my stash. All the decorations are card stock stickers so it was really quick to put this together and of course it all co-ordinated perfectly, one of the most fantastic things about SU! products !!!
The last thing I have to show you today is my calender, Now regular readers of this blog will know that I have had loads of orders this month for cards and have struggled to keep up with much more crafting than these, much appreciated, orders. Sooo Zoe has made this months calender page....
She used my Schoolbook Serif Alphabet to write the title and a bunny stamp we picked up the other day as it was only 99p ! and coloured them in (carefully!!) with mums very special pens (pro-markers) and Gran gave her the die cut chick on her easter egg.
Well that's it for today and I will be back soon with the other wedding card to show you,
Have a good one, Sarah-Jane xx

5 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous card Sarah-Jane.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sarah-Janeand I love the calender, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, and Zoe did a great job too;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sarah-Jane. Love the Love Stories set, and the colours in it. I was v impressed with the quality of the stickers. Cute calender, looks like your daughter is following in your crafty footsteps! You brave person, venturing to the shops on a rainy last day of the holidays - I nipped into work for a couple of hours to clear the decks before Monday and then spent the afternoon on the computer and baking - such a shame as got lots of cakes to eat now!
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card hun, so unusual x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...