Friday 3 April 2009

Happy Retirement

Morning all,
Well it's grey and foggy here again this morning, but, it started out like this yesterday too and reached 20' by the afternoon ! Lets hope the same happens today!
Anyway onto today's card. I had a phone call from DH Wed lunchtime saying "can you make a retirement card today ? Oh and it needs to be done by tomorrow" -no pressure then eh ? lol ! This is what I came up with....



I used a sketch by Karen at The Sweetest Thing for speed! The stamp set is a papermania one and I used Haiku designer paper for the background, spiral punch for the top edge and very vanilla 1/4" grosgrain ribbon all SU! and available to buy through me, (Contact me details in side bar x). I paper pieced the golfer with BG Archaic papers as I thought the check was very Golfy! The recipient does a lot of 'work' on the course apparently!! Sentiment says "let the relaxation begin (happy retirement!)" and is from the SAB free Congrats set, buttons from stash.

Here is a quick piccie of the inside,


Sentiment from the same set, golf bag from same set as golfer.
Sorry about the dodgy pics, but as I didn't finish doing it 'till late and DH had to take it to work the next day I had to take these at night :(

Lastly for this post I have been given two awards from the lovely Ruby, Thanks hun and good luck with the move xxx

A hug award and a lemonade (which I have had already, so I won't show it again, but thank-you)
Back again soon with a couple more cards, gee I have been busy rofl !!!
Sarah-Jane xx


<

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card Sarah-Jane,l love the colour.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun retirement card and wow, you got it done quick! Very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...