Monday 3 November 2014

Amazing Birthday by Stampin' Up! Shaker Cards with Sequins!!

Hello there,
I hope you have had a great weekend trick or treating. We had a lovely time on Friday with a good turn out (all my goodie bags went I'm pleased to say!). Unfortunately I have been felling poorly all weekend since then. We go to an organised Fireworks display for an hour on Saturday night but apart from that we have been stuck indoors as I only seem to be able to do about an hours worth of anything then I need a little snooze ;-)
So today's post is going to be photo heavy and short on words I think, lol. 
**I just read back what I typed and it seems my typing accuracy is even worse than usual when I'm not well!!**
Anyway, I recently needed two cards for upcoming birthdays, one for a friend at hubbys work and one for my friends daughter so I did something I rarely do and made the same card twice. Although I did make them in different colourways! 
I used the Amazing Birthday stamp set which we received FREE at convention this year and I have been waiting to have a play with this set :-) I have also been wanting to make a shaker card for a while now as they seem to have become popular again recently. 
Take a look at my attempt...
 This first one is in Pink Pirouette and Wisteria Wonder colours
 This little cake is in the stamp set, I simply layered it up with Glimmer paper for bling!
 Super shiny sequins inside the tag ;-) 
I used a mix of In Colour Sequins and a few of just the silver sequins from the Frosted Sequins pot
 and this version is a Crisp Cantaloupe and Pool Party colour combo
 Inside both the tags I inked the sentiment using my markers then added three strips of hearts across the bottom from  the Borderettes stamp set in matching colours
 Plenty of depth in this card although I still managed fit it into an envelope ;-)
 TOP TIP: Inside I needed to add an insert plus an extra card layer to balance out the weight on the front of the card
and both together again to finish
OK,  that's me done here for today, I'm off for a little feet up time before I have to start my next job!
Thanks as ever for popping over for a look at my makes. 
Back tomorrow with another :-)
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

1 comment:

  1. I'm a demo in the U.S. and I love the stitching! I only wish SU offered more stitching dies. :-( I purchased the ones in the clearance section and I'm trying not to buy from others but it's getting hard not too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...